Department: Technical Services
Reports to: Technical Services Director
Asst. Technical Services Manager for customer support, repair and quality control preparation of automated, and non-automated lighting fixtures. The successful applicant will need to be based in the Los Angeles area and will be based at the headquarters of GLP US Inc., in San Fernando, CA. Applicants should be self-motivated with a strong desire to assist in building a technical support structure for a fast growing subsidiary of a major moving light manufacturer along with a desire to grow with the company.
Summary of essential job functions
- Assist Technical Services Director with daily running of technical services department.
- Take customer requests for technical trouble shooting of equipment via phone, email and other channels.
- Provide diagnostic abilities of products to customers to diagnose any issue with products.
- Assist with LED lighting system builds and installations with focus on pixel control systems.
- Assist with regular customer training program, both at the GLP US office and remotely.
- Provide onsite technical support to clients with possible travel up to 2 weeks a month.
- Minimum 5 years previous experience in the area of moving light technical repair and troubleshooting, as stated above.
- Must have beginning to intermediate level of electronics understanding in the area of switching power supplies, pulse width modulation supplies, electronic dimming systems for LED and stepper motor control systems. Must also have experience with HID source intelligent lighting fixtures.
- Must have knowledge of LED lighting systems, with a focus on pixel controlled products.
- Must have a personable demeanor to work with colleagues and with customer interaction for trouble shooting and diagnosis of repair needs.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Must have valid passport.
- Must have proficiency in Microsoft Office with a focus on Word and Excel. QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions is a plus, but not a requirement.
Educational and Job Experience
Minimum 5 years previous experience in the area of automated lighting technical repair and troubleshooting as stated above.
- Competitive compensation for this 40 hour week position
- Subsidized medical benefits compensation available
- Simple IRA scheme
- Paid vacation and holidays
The applicant will need to be physically fit. There will be a need for the successful applicant to be able to do some heavy lifting, of up to 70lbs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Please forward a copy of resume to firstname.lastname@example.org