Finance & HR Manager
GLP German Light Products, based in Van Nuys, California are looking for someone to join the company in the role of Finance & HR Manager.
GLP are one of the worlds’ leading manufacturers of automated entertainment lighting, supplying products that ultimately end up on film and television sets, live concerts, theatre stages, and much more across the country.
The Finance Manager reports to the Director of Operations. The Finance Manager also has direct communication with the Sales Department, Financial Department, Technical Department, and Logistics Department on a daily basis for practical working methods.
Areas of responsibility
A reliable Financial Manager that will analyze everyday financial activities and subsequently provide advice and guidance to upper management on future financial plans. The goal is to enable the company’s leaders to make sound business decisions and meet the company’s objectives. Your guidance will empower the company’s leaders to make informed decisions that align with the organization’s long-term goals.
Summary of essential job functions
- Perform financial management duties including generating financial data, compiling, and submitting reports, analyzing industry trends, and assessing the financial health of the company.
- Supervise the documentation of the company’s financial status and forecasts.
- Lead the monthly financial reporting and analysis for the company.
- Support management in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and internal and external financial reporting, as well as ad hoc analyses.
- Produce and present the weekly cash forecasts to the CFO to drive decision making to support operations.
- Analyze working capital weekly, driving appropriate accounts payable disbursements and AR collections activities.
- Work closely with each department head in the development of their annual CapEx budgets.
- Maintain the financial health of the organization.
- Oversee operations of the finance department, set goals and objectives, and design a framework for these to be met.
- Maintain accounting system.
- Analyze revenue, expenses, cash flows, and balance sheets.
- Review and approve payments for the company.
- Maintain an accurate filing and record keeping system for all financial statements and company documents.
- Own day-to-day HR operations including onboarding, salary and benefits management, retirement administration, documentation and compliance, employee relations.
- Onboard new staff, including employment letters, benefits, retirement, and procedural tasks.
- Maintain personnel files, including I-9s, W-2s and salary and benefit records.
- Serve as the primary contact for employees regarding payroll, benefits, and PTO.
- Prepare letters to employees to reflect their hiring, contract renewal, promotion, and departure from the organization.
- Update Employee Handbook to ensure that HR procedures and policies are in line with state and federal guidelines.
- Maintain and regularly update the Human Resources database.
- Manage and administer employee benefits.
- Handle all employee HR-related issues ensuring that the correct procedure is followed on disciplinary action and grievance procedures.
- Proven experience as a Finance and/or HR Manager
- Extensive understanding of financial trends both within the company and general market patterns
- Proficient user of finance software
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in financial analysis and/or general ledger accounting practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related discipline
- Excellent analytical skills
- Proficient in MS Office with advanced MS Excel skills
- Must have sharp attention to detail with good oral and written communication skills
- Able to work in a team environment as well as operate independently
- Must be able to sit at a desk and work on a computer for prolonged periods
- Able to manage, guide and lead employees to ensure appropriate financial processes are being used
- A solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles
- Working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations
- Working knowledge of benefit plans
- Professional qualification such as CFA/CPA or HRCI or similar will be considered a plus
- A pre-employment background check may be required
To apply for this position
Please e-mail your resume with a cover letter explaining why you think you would be a good fit for this job to Tyler Wise, Director of Sales and Marketing at GLP Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.