Technical Product Specialist
GLP German Light Products Inc
German Light Products US Inc., is looking for a Technical Product Specialist person to join our team, based in San Fernando, CA, USA.
This is the perfect position for someone already working in the entertainment lighting industry who wants to get closer to the process of creating and introducing some of the very latest lighting technology to the market.
This is an exciting position involving travel and collaboration with a wide range of people and personalities. You will be one of our front-line staff, meeting and collaborating with customers and users on a regular basis. It would suit someone who considers themselves flexible and who is accustomed to multi-tasking and meeting multiple, tight deadlines. Self-motivated and focused, you will be proactive; able to take initiative whilst staying highly organized and detail oriented. You will get to experience and help shape some of the most leading edge entertainment lighting technology equipment with a ‘can do’ attitude where you are not afraid to jump in and help at all levels in order to get the job done.
This position will require some evening and weekend work along with travel.
Summary of essential job functions
- Providing product training and education to customers and internal staff on new and legacy products
- Providing sales and product knowledge support, including travel to events where the company is represented, such as open house events, exhibitions, and other events
- Programming fixtures and consoles for events and exhibitions, and assisting in exhibition stand design
- Assisting sales team with technical information and product demonstrations as necessary
- Representing the company on visits to shows and events, or other outside locations to liaise with customers and users about their experiences
- Supporting product development teams by providing feedback and input from customers
- Managing and maintaining web-based database of technical documentation
- Actively present products to lighting designers and users
- Executing special projects and requests in a timely and positive fashion
- Must have excellent communication and presentation skills
- Must have personable demeanor and positive attitude, with exceptional customer service skills
- Must be able to prepare products and perform quality control checks
- Must be able to multi-task
- Should possess strong problem solving capabilities with attention to detail
- Must have a demonstrated ability to work as part of a team, or independently
- Must be able to read and understand engineering drawings and technical documents
- Must have a full familiarity and understanding of latest entertainment lighting control protocols
- Must have a full working familiarity with MA Lighting control desks. Knowledge of other entertainment lighting industry controllers is an advantage
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Must be able to obtain and keep a valid passport
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office with a focus on Teams, Word and Excel
- Competitive renumeration
- Medical insurance
- IRA contributions
- Paid vacation and holidays
There will be a need for this applicant to be able to do some heavy lifting up to 70lbs
To apply for this position, please send a copy of your resume and a cover letter explaining why you think you would be a perfect fit for this position, via email to Sales & Marketing Director, Tyler Wise at email@example.com
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
About the company
GLP US Inc. is a fast-growing subsidiary company of GLP GmbH, a German company specializing in the design and manufacture of LED entertainment lighting fixtures. Headquartered in San Fernando, California GLP US Inc. services its customer base across North and South America. The company is formed of a dynamic and fun group of people who enjoy working as a team in order to fulfill customer expectations. We offer competitive compensation packages in order to attract the best people in their field.